Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

QC (Quality Control) - the Song

<Jon posting>
So, I'm one of those people that hates to do things half-way.  Or, better yet, hates to do them unless I feel like I can do them perfectly.  Or at least darn good anyway :)

The more I listened to that song I wrote (the little button that's been on the left hand side of the page now for about 6-7 weeks), the more I thought the sound quality wasn't up where I wanted it.  Frankly, recording a song (this is about the 4th or 5th one I've done now, but the first that I wrote and actually presented anywhere), you learn a lot along the way.  There really is no substitute for experience.

So I figured - why not.  I'll re-record it.  Upgraded my software (thanks Reaper for being free!), learned some better mic techniques and engineering techniques, even made some musical changes, and did it all over again.  And I'm really pretty happy with the result (at least for now - that's how I roll LOL).

So - without any further ado - please feel free to check out the new and improved Adoption Prayer song, linked to the left.  If you haven't heard it before, check it out - it's better than the first one (at least I hope!).  If you have heard it, and thought "eh", check it out again.  If you loved it the first time, I can assure you it's better the second time :)

I also switched distribution providers so that you can preview the entire song - not just a 30 second clip.  I did that so everybody could hear the whole message of it.  However - if you want to keep it, you can download it for a buck (and of course you know where all the dollars go).  Please consider it if you love it - I can assure it burns to a mighty fine CD in the car :)

thanks!

http://jonmenges.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind comments are welcomed. Poorly researched, ill-informed, horrifically biased comments are exploded. :)