Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

fbi fingerprints!

HA HA!  Who was it that suggested contacting our Congressman about our FBI reports?  Who was it? It was someone who reads me that is local to me. I'll have to go back in the comments to see.

SHE WAS RIGHT.  My husband reached out to our Congressman last week and we received a phone call - bingo!  It worked!  This person intervened on our behalf and asked the FBI to HURRY THE HECK UP and they have!  We saw the charge for our reports on the 14th, and now the congressman's office called us and said we should have them by next week, and to call his office if we did not.

I'm thrilled beyond belief at the expedited status, however, we will still have waited close to five weeks for their return.  That is not as bad as some, but long enough if you ask me. 

From there, it is onward and upward.  We are obtaining a letter of medical necessity which may be utterly worthless, but costs us nothing to get and may help something...somewhere...who knows. 

My semester at college began yesterday and I'm already swamped with that.  I (foolishly?) took three classes, preparing for a time when I may not be able to finish.  I have ten classes remaining before I graduate with honors from college.  I feel blessed to be so close to the end of my education, because I've tried really hard to finish this.  Some nameless trolls that like to crawl on their underbellies through blogs like mine should think before they speak.  Choosing to adopt doesn't lower my IQ, but choosing to leave anonymous, ill-informed comments I'm certain does. 

JOB 17:9:  Nevertheless, the righteous will hold to their ways, and those with clean hands will grow stronger.

I will never apologize to anyone for expanding our family through adoption.  I will never waver from the call to welcome children like this into my home.  I will never, not for a second, pretend that I am somehow to blame for the terrors that happen to some children - terrors that should never happen in an adoptive home but are sadly not exclusive to adoptive homes.  The fact that some who take up this road are not prepared or do wrong things is not an excuse for prepared, intelligent, caring people not to take action. 

Do not be like your fathers and brothers [or trolls], who were unfaithful to the LORD, the God of their fathers, so that he made them an object of horror, as you see. (2 Chronicles 30:7, with the exception of the 'trolls' part, which I added. :)  God, forgive me.)

Thank you for supporting us as we pray things move quickly so that "Ian" aka Little Dude's deterioration can stop very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go congressman! Woohoo! I can't wait to hear that you're traveling to meet your little guy!

    Oh. And trolls? They're just jealous that you're adopting a precious, cute little boy, while they live this life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvcJqcUlYTo (more than safe for kids). ;)

    ReplyDelete

Kind comments are welcomed. Poorly researched, ill-informed, horrifically biased comments are exploded. :)