Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

sharing the news.

Today, our family social worker (not related to the adoption) came to visit. She is a pleasant lady whose only real job is to give us ideas on things such as finding Chelsea a proper preschool and helping us secure additional resources for her.  I happily chatted with her for the entire hour about the progress we've made with our daughter.  At the end of the visit, I decided it was probably a good idea to share our "news" with her.

She was amazingly positive, which was so refreshing!  "You have to do it," she kept saying.  "You're so passionate.  There will never be a 'perfect' time.  Do it."  I actually applauded at her - I was so happy to hear her positive attitude and sunshine.  It is nice when you hear a good response from someone.  I began to tell her a bit about our future child, and she just smiled back at me and said, "You should see your face when you talk about this.  You are electric; you just light up!"

I almost had to blush, realizing that I am, indeed, excited and passionate and all of those great things about this process.  It is exciting, and scary, and uneasy, and wonderful, and special, and shocking, and elating to consider having a son.  Are we really going to have a son?  It is a stunning thought; one I cannot yet get my mind around and one I try hard not to attach too hard to.  What might happen along the way to thwart this?  Already the IRS isn't cooperating because they are not processing our tax return - money we desperately need to continue paying our adoption fees.  There were delays (significant ones) with people who filed their taxes in early February, and particularly those folks who used a particular popular online filing tool.  We are 'blessed' to be in both of those categories, so we wait. 

Our adoption social worker (for the home study) won't see us until March 1st, and I pray we have 90% of the paperwork completed by then.  We have most of it now.  I wish we could meet with her sooner, but we have to wait. 

My daughter needs a physical and the doctor's office won't see her until March 2nd, so we have to wait.

Waiting.

"And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone."  1 Thessalonians 5:14

Be patient.  With everyone.  Home study social workers, the Ministry of Justice, my spouse, my daughter, our adoption agency, our written references, doctors...everyone. 

Someone said this process - the process of finding our son - will change our family in ways we will not consider or believe until it happens.  God can use all things for good, even a frustrating adoption process.  My prayer today is that we can all endeavor to embrace the blessings that waiting affords us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind comments are welcomed. Poorly researched, ill-informed, horrifically biased comments are exploded. :)